Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

WOYWW and I am back!

Hello my dear bloggy friends!

Has it really been 2 weeks since I last posted?? I can't believe it ! I have been so busy I didn't even realise that 2 weeks have gone, but all that is now in the past and I can start my  "normal" life again! 
So what has been going on? Well on the 24th of June we finally opened the new library, so up to that day I was swamped with work at work and work at home doing my bookmarks! That is why I didn't play last week as it was the day before we opened the library and I went in early, and worked late and then when I came home I had to finish off my bookmarks! The opening of the library was very nice - I will do a separate post about that, as I will get some of the photos today! On Friday we had a holiday - Independance day! I had a nice lay in as I haven't had one for a long time (I was working in my craft room every morning at 5am) and then I had to pack as I had to catch a plane for England Friday evening! A couple from the MG club I belong to were celebrating their 40th ruby wedding annivarsary so I was invited to this lovely event - that will be another post! Huh I will be posting a lot! But of course first is first! WOYWW! I have seen a few have got the woyww easel from Julia and so did  I - THANK YOU SO MUCH JULIA!!!!!!!! I love that it is made of wood - such a lovely material! 
And believe it or not that lovely easel is all I have on my desk at the moment!



Of course I must show off my bookmarks - they were a great success - everybody loved them, some of the librarians that also came to the opening thought it a brilliant idea for library events and they want me to do a workshop!!! Me?? A workshop??? Ha, ha....
So here is my desk last week before I gave away my bookmarks...a right mess!



And here are all my lovely bookmarks - they are now all living in peoples books..... I put them on the carpet in the lounge so they could all be seen.....






Not one of them is the same - I am proud of my work - and it was hard work too!
As I am finally not that busy I will be snooping around your desks after I come back from work!
Have a lovely day my dear friends!
Hugs to all of you!
Cardarian


28 comments:

  1. you've been very busy! Those bookmarks are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW all those bookmarks they are gorgeous. Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    oh lovely pink workspace,gosh all your book marks look gorgeous well, done, awesome task, have good day, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Wow look at all those fabulous bookmarks, how creative and a great idea. Glad to see you back. Your desk looks incredibly tidy. Have a lovely day, Tracy Evans x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awsome array of bookmarks... you certainly were a busy bee, hope you find some more time to put your feet up and enjoy the sun {if you have it there}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, nice to see you back :-) Oh my what a lot of work, the bookmarks are wonderful, well done. You deserved that lie-in. Hope you had a great time in England. Hope the sun is shining over there so you can spend time on your verandah, it is here
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, all those bookmarks...they are divine! Answering your question about the Cuttlebug... I use the Alteration dies in there... I just use a B Plate then the die, then the piece you are cutting and then your B Plate that you cut into... they go thru a treat and I have cut grungeboard with it too... was a bit concerned that they wouldn't fit but I haven't got a Big Shot, can't afford another cutting system so went for it. The thinner dies (like the tickets etc) I use an A Plate, B Plate and then another B plate again... hope that helps! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. great space, wonderful bookmarks and beautiful blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that's a lot of bookmarks!!
    You really need to get crafting your desk is far too tidy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those bookmarks are amazing. Well done you.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore those bookmarks, and you SHOULD do a workshop, it would be brilliant. Shame we can't all come, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can be excused the tidy desk, after making all those fabulous bookmarks you deserve some time away from it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your'e bookmarks look fantastic! I'm not surprise they went down so well. you'll do brilliant with a workshop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic achievement - well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am in awe of your bookmarks and your patience to create them all, well done honey you deserve to feel proud, you did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving your bookmarks (do you like PINK)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi D

    Lovely to have you back in blogland - really missed you and your posts... wow you did really well with those book marks - well done you... i'm really pleased that everyone liked and appreciated them... I said that you'd be teaching craft before long... yippee - you'll be great. Can't wait forall your other posts...

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Missed you!! Glad you're back. And those bookmarks? Oh yes, those are just wonderful *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG those bookmarks are fab hun - no wonder they want you to do a workshop...well done!!! And I love the mess/busy-ness on your desk from when you were making them.
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  20. they are amazing hun, well done for such commitment

    big hugs
    judie xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great bookmarks hun, love your tidy desk :0)
    *hugs* Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow you were busy! love the bookmarks they are all great.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW amazing bookmarks, and so many of them. No wonder you missed last week... I missed last week too, but that was just because I forgot it was Wednesday until too late to join. Yes, I am that daft! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really missed you last week. I was glad when you mentioned it. Those bookmarks are beyond belief. You really outdid yourself and I bet a lot of people are very proud to own them. Happy belated WOYWW.

    ReplyDelete
  25. At last I made it to you ...and its Thursday afternoon already ...you have been busy ....love the bookmarks ...what an achievement to make them all different. YES you should do a class ...what a brilliant idea. xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. You did SO WELL - you should be proud of your work and time - they look great - how lovely a gift. Glad the opening went well..will look forward to reading all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What an achievement.... you should do that workshop and pass on your skills and you will get so much from seeing how others enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So lovely to see you back! Those bookmarks look so stunning all laid out together like that. You must be delighted with them all. Looking forward to reading about the opening and your trip to England too.

    Love
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete