Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

WOYWW, 12th January 2011

Good morning everybody!

I am late and to be honest this time it isn't the crafty mojo that is giving me problems it is the blogging mojo! I sat down to the computer a few times this week and when I wanted to start writing there was a sudden blank!
When I was sitting on the plane coming back home from England I was thinking about New Years resolutions wether I should make any or not! So I thought I must eat less ( as I was really feeling jammed into the airplane seet! That resolution went out the window as soon as I got home! I love to cook and love to eat so...., then I thought I should do something about excercising - go for a walk every day - hah that happened only once and then my feet hurt so much and I was cold so I said "Bugger!" Oh then I thought I must blog more - try to be a BIBO ( I think that stands for blog interesting blog often) well that resolution went out the window as we are now the 12th of January and I have only blogged once and that was for WOYWW!!! Then I said I must not buy stash as I have so much of it - I must start using it! Well that one went out the window too as since I came back I bought way too much stash! What is left then??? The only resolution I have stuck to is crafting....well I made 2 cards in 3 days which is more then my average, unless we are talking Christmas rush! So as you can see I can't stick to resolutions! One confession out  and here comes another one - I just can't ever make the rounds on WOYWW anymore - sometimes I can't even go back to the ones that called into my blog! I will try hard to do that and do a few more but visiting 140 or more desks is simply impossible for me as I am sooo slow! The ones I go to I read every letter so if I comment you must know that I read every letter! 
There all my confessions and faults are out ( there might be a few more I can't think of at the moment but if I do I will mention them!) so I can now go to my desk which is in a big mess as I have been crafting....the left side looks like this.... the photos are not very clear, I don't know why! 



and the right side like this.....



I have also been making some rosette flowers which I quite like - I ordered a Tim Holtz rosette die only to realise I probably won't be able to use it as I have a cuttlebug and it won't work unless you have the really long mats which I don't have! Eh well didn't do the research beforehand! 


I know I still haven't posted anything about my travels I will try and do it today maybe as I have written this my blogging mojo will be back!
Have a lovely day - have a good snoop and I hope to visit as much as I can!
Lots of hugs,
Cardarian

30 comments:

  1. At least you THOUGHT about resolutions which is better than none at all! I can't keep them either, so all I do is think about them also!
    It is a real marathon to get around all WOYWWers isn't it!I haven't managed it for a couple of sessions.
    Your space looks as cosy as ever.
    I shall look forward to seeing your pictures of Bath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your desk looks very creative and I love the flowers you have been busy making, they are really pretty :)
    Karen #92

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't do resolutions at all! I think you can get long plates for the cuttlebug, can't you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like your flowers - I didn't realize Tim Holtz had a die for that - but I suppose we shouldn't be surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog but don't worry about what you don't do - just enjoy everything you do so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you've got the perfect resolution right there, just craft more, that's certainly one you won't break! Look forward to seeing the England photos when you get time, hint, hint!!

    Hugs
    Brenda 99

    ReplyDelete
  7. My only resolution is not to make any then I can't break them! I've kept to that very well. I always think that once January has gone we look forward to Spring and feel more positive so .... not long now.
    Your desk still looks crafty and interesting though,
    Love JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi ya hun
    i luv all the should do resoloutions, i dont make any as i never keep them!! lol.lovely creative desk, fab rosette flowers, i wont get all the way round again! lol, have good eve, happy WOYWW, sue,x (25)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dolores

    Rubbish

    I use the sissix long dies in my CBub all the time without the long plates - a video for you my dear coming up...

    it's easy - DO Not Spend money on long plates till you have watched me and decide for yourself if you still really need them...

    oh and give me a song to sing whilst I do it.

    Dx

    dxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. super cute flowers. Thanks for the peek and sharing, hugs Marjo #23 Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your flowers and I for one are really looking forward to tales of your travels :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think we should just forget about resolutions and just be happy. There's no point beating ourselves up over things we decided we should do but don't. So there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a very creative place to me, with alot of great material to use in your art.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your messy and creative deask.
    You know why we make resolutions, right? So that we can throw them out the window a week later! Welcome to 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your flowers. Don't worry about not getting to my desk...I smiled at you being uncomfortable in your aeroplane seat..
    Sue xx 67

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a long Tim die and had to get the long cutting mattes etc but the nice thing is that the sizzix narrow mattes fit through the cuttlebug. Not so on the wider ones.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I looked at the long TH dies last week and wondered how I would use them in the bug... so I will be back to check out Doone's answer to the problem!! ;) Your desk looks fab, and it is pointless making yourself miserable and being set up for failure so only make resolutions you can keep... like 'buy less stash' not 'buy no stash'!! :) Annette #18

    ReplyDelete
  18. I read the post, ran to answer the door, jumped on the treadmill and realized I had left the post open. BUGGER! was the only word I could think of. Jumped off the treadmill and here I am. The Tim Holtz die will work in the Cuddle Bug if you get the extended plates or you can butt two of the plates up end to end and feed it through. I didn't know they had extended plates so have been using 4 plates for a couple years on the long ones. Thanks for sharing with us. I love your desk.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You don't need the long plates - too expensive. Just cut out with the die hanging over and then move up to cut the rest.
    Know what you mean aaout mojo going - I just wish I had some craft to blog about. Must remedy that soon.
    Take care and keep looking for that mr mojo. 134

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your desk is so interesting. Such yummyness lurking.
    Tertia 93

    ReplyDelete
  21. I thought of loads....but then quickly forgot them again!! Lovely Pics of Bath. and a very busy craft space as usual!
    ((Lyn))#57

    ReplyDelete
  22. A few years ago I made a resolution not to make any more resolutions thats the only one I have stuck to lol - I wouldnt worry about visiting everyone we just like to nose and if something of interest grabs leave a message - its fun not a chore - love your flowers ~ Nicky 45

    ReplyDelete
  23. A few years ago I made one resolution that I have been able to keep it was not to make any more resolutions - lol. I would not worry about visiting everyone it just nice to have a nose and if you want to leave a message if not dont - its fun rather than a chore - love your space and your flowers thanks for sharing - will try and pop in for a nose next week ~ Nicky 45

    ReplyDelete
  24. I only made one resolution this year to make time for craft and blogging, one I want to keep not one I think I should make. Visiting everyone isn't the point is it, it's about showing your space and visiting as many as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOL at you Cardarian. I have resolved that! I don't make resolutions...they just don't work! *Ü* Ok...maybe one...I am going to take care of myself more. That covers just about everything. LOL. I have been to Zumba class but not sure how long I can keep it up. Lovely flower dies. TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  26. Where do I begin? Well, those resolutions are only valid if you commit them to pen and paper (or to your blog). They are not real resolutions if you only THOUGHT about them on an airplane.

    I do hope you keep the blogging mojo going. I always love coming to see what you have to offer, and your travels are always so much more inspiring than mine (which is to the grocery store or local thrift shop).

    I'm like you. I read every letter of every word on every blog I visit. I've practically given up this week, though. I simply can't sit that long and see what others are up to. I did it two weeks in a row this year (oops, last one of last year and last week), but I totally understand. Now I'm going to visit the ones I know are interesting and spend my other time making art.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I thought I would try to get round everyone this week, not sure if I am going to make it. Every time I think I will, another 20 land on the end of the list. I might make it by next Wednesday, but I do want to do some crafting as well. I like your ribbon storage, though.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great workspace you have! I know what you mean about getting to all the blogs! My problem is that I get sidetracked and either spend so much time looking around the rest of the blog or going off on an internet search for something the blogger has mentioned, lol!
    As for resolutions, I think they are hard to keep unless it is something you REALLY want to do in your heart of hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  29. i have a resolution to drink more water (i made an easy resolution so that i could keep it)! and although i also want to blog more, i hardly get to except for WOYWW. and yes, i find it impossible to visit everyone. i wouldn't have time left to to do any crafting or art! happy WOYWW!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your crafty desk and the flowers are fab.

    ReplyDelete